Viet Nam is known as one of the most beautiful countries with an abundance of poetic, romantic, magnificent and great sceneries. This country is an attractive destination to many travelers thanks to not only its beauty but also interesting and touristic amazing activities in here. If you love sport activities, you want to challenge yourself as well as admire and discover the most of gorgeous landscapes in Viet Nam, the perfect choice for you would be to take part in 6-day cycling trip to Hoi An.
This 6-day cycling trip to Hoi An will be a wonderful adventure that takes you from the central highland hill station of Da Lat to the World Heritage site of Hoi An. What makes this journey unique is it is not a car trip, in which everything passes by so fast you don’t really have time to take in the beauty on the road, but rather by bike. Cycling is a fun sport good your physical health, but also your mental health, as it is a fantastic way for you to take in slowly and truly appreciate the beauty of nature around you. The trip will be Da Lat – Lak Lake – Buon Me Thuot – Pleiku – Ngoc Hoi – Phuoc Son – Hoi An. You can also start from Hoi An to Da Lat.
One of the roads on your cycling trip.
Day 1: Da Lat to Lak Lake (150 kilometers):
- At 7 am, we pick you up at your hotel and departure to start off the ride (20 minutes outside of Da Lat).
- Take part in an exiting fantastic riding section of about 17 kilometers downhill of Tanung. The reward for conquering the rolling hills you will be the coffee and vegetable farms, cricket and weasel farms, rice wine and mushroom making, a traditional silk center, Elephant falls and Linh An pagoda with “a big happy buddha” on your bike.
- Transfer by vehicle to the top of Phu Son pass for lunch time.
- Bike down Phu Son pass to Lak lake with the sights of jungle forest, minority village, local farms and panoramic view of Lak lake. You stay overnight in a hotel near Lak Lake.
Cycling in Da Lat in nice weather – that’s awesome!
Day 2: Lak Lake – Dray Sap waterfall and Buon Me Thuot (90 kilometers):
- After breakfast, we’ll visit one of the old summer retreats of Emperor Bao Dai and Lak lake scenery.
- You can have fun with some trekking from Jun minority village. There’s also Elephant riding and boat trip remotely to the village on the far side of Lak lake.
- You bike to Buon Me Thuot about 50km (mostly flat) for lunch. After lunch and rest, you continue biking to Drat Sap and Gia Long waterfall - one of the most beautiful falls in the central highland of Viet Nam, perfect for a swimming session.
- Arrive back to Buon Me Thuot around 5p.m. Evening free to explore the city.
Day 3: Buon Me Thuot to Pleiku (200 kilometers)
- We move out of Buon Me Thuot (about 30 minutes) before biking.
- This day is an intense practice with 110 km of biking through a fairly flat terrain of coffee and rubber tree plantations, there will be transport vehicle available for those wishing to bike a shorter distance.
- Picnic style lunch will be taken on the way, in the fantastic views of rolling hills and many sections of pine forest
- Stay overnight in hotel in heart of Pleiku town.
Beautiful road in the late afternoon in Buon Me Thuot.
Day 4: Pleiku to Ngoc Hoi (120 kilometers)
- Leisurely breakfast at the hotel and a later start to the day, around 8a.m or 8:30 am
- Visit a “Sea lake” on the way.
- Visit a local minority village (Ba Na), a scenic suspension bridge (290m) and a traditional wooden church. Then, continue visiting Russian tanks and Charlie hill.
- Lunch in Kontum.
- In the afternoon, keep biking about 69 km through rolling hills to the hotel in Ngoc Hoi.
- You can freely explore the town in the evening.
Day 5: Ngoc Hoi to Phuoc Son (120 kilometers):
- Breakfast at the hotel and an early departure at 7a.m
- This is the day for a fantastic 80 km trip through deep jungle forest on both sides of the road, where the Ba Na and Sedang minorities reside. The ride is also very hilly and runs along the border of Ngoc Linh National park and Ngoc Linh Mountain (2400 meters) through the Truong Son mountain range.
- This is also the day that you travel along the famous Ho Chi Minh trail.
- Lunch along the way at a local restaurant.
- Then we go to Phuoc Son in vehicle transfer
- Dinner will be organized in Phuoc Son with an overnight stay in a comfortable local guest house.
- Day 6: Phuoc Son to Hoi An (130 kilometers)
- Have breakfast at the hotel at 7a.m
- Departure at 8a.m with 60 km biking through more great sections of jungle, nice landscapes and waterfalls.
- Picnic style lunch on the way.
- After lunch, continue by vehicle to Hoi An World Heritage site (approximately 70 km)
Peaceful and beautiful Hoi An.
This 6-day cycling trip to Hoi An is not only a chance for you to exercise and improve your health, but also an awesome opportunity to admire the nature beauty of Viet Nam. The trip includes English speaking guide, along with all equipment and acomodation needed and most meals, so let’s start preparing right now!
© Viet Activity - www.vietactivity.com